I toyed with the idea of putting together an entry about St. Patrick’s Day all day today. I decided to put my personal opinions of this day aside, and let you all know about some things going on tomorrow. I’m going to try to keep this painless – short and simple.
- Keeping up with tradition, The Black Rose will open tomorrow at 6 a.m. The first 100 people will get a free Irish breakfast. Get there early, I’ve heard the line to get in is extremely long. Yes, at 6 am. At 9 a.m. Black 47 takes the stage.
- Head over the the Beehive, one of my favorite spots in the city, at about 5 p.m. for their 3rd annual St. Pat’s Day celebration. Lots of food, lots of dancing. No cover charge. Win, win, and win.
- The Dropkick Murphy’s will play their last show of their seven-night concert series at the House of Blues. I hear it’s sold out, but if there’s one thing we all know about concerts, there’s always a way to get tickets. Follow Game On on Twitter, for a chance to win a free pair.
- Want to get away from a celebration that only involves Guinness beer and corn beef and cabbage meals? Check out the Irish Heritage Trail.
- The Boston Center for Adult Education, will host scotch expert Brad Jarvis for an Irish whiskey tasting. The event runs from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. and comes at the hefty price of $50. If you’re willing to drop some extra cash, this could be a fun event.
As for me? Well, I’ll probably just enjoy a chilled Guinness after class at a local Irish pub. That should do the trick.